Monday, July 6, 2009

Coop almost complete/opened 50 lb bag of grower feed

NOTE: We opened the new 50 lb bag of Purina grower today in the AM

We have four walls and a roof. All we pretty much need now is the door and the shingles on the roof before we can put them in there. Then I have to seal and paint it. That won't take long at all.

Weight on Amber is 14.4 Not as big of a jump as I had thought. Our biggest chick is now over a lb! I think it's a he (he's one of the chipmunk looking ones) the one I liked :( I hope it's not a boy but he weighed in at 1 lb .03 oz The standard chicken is also weighing in at 14.4 today...normal jump for her.

It's really getting close to time to get them out in their coop though since I have them in a brooder 3ft X 4ft. They are getting close to filling that right up. I picked up two bags of pine shavings (3 cubic feet each) and will add both of them to the hen house which is 8ft X 8ft. I hope that will do the trick until time for slaughter. We will see. I may have to add some since they will be staying IN the hen house for the first week and 1/2 before we let them out to range. I'm hoping to get them out on the grass VERY soon. Lets hope we can get them in the coop by wed at the latest. I will take pictures of the coop tomorrow. Right now I am off to bed...just got home from work and I'm TIRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment