Monday, July 20, 2009

Some updates

Well Last Thursday we upgraded their waterer to the 5 gallon metal waterer. It is GREAT not having to fill their one gallon one twice a day! It lasted three days...well really close to three anyhow. We did fill it up on the third day. We are also looking for a larger feeder and having problems finding one. I weighed the chicks and they are running just over 2 lbs now. One was 2lbs 5 oz and some others were a little smaller. I have been noticing them breathing heavier...maybe its just me or maybe chicks just do that. Just wanted to not that here. They have been very active though in their coop. We will be letting them out to free range very soon so we hope they put themselves back in to bed at sundown.

We are leaving for a week to Washington so It will be a few days before I update. I'm sure the chicks will look HUGE when we get back home. I will update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment