Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tomorrow is P day.

Tomorrow we have to have the meat chickens at the processing plant at 10:30 am. I'm not looking forward to this but I know it has to be done. It will depend all on the taste and the total cost of everything (which I will figure out after we get the birds back from the Processor) whether or not we do this again. If we decide not to...well then I have another coop to use for something else :D We would however need to insulate it before we put anything in there over the winter. We did go through another bag of feed. I have to pull their food 12 hours before we bring them in so tonight I will grab the feeder out of their coop and in the morning they will get loaded onto the truck for their big trip. There are 25 of them total. I though I had 26 but upon recounting recently I counted 25. So either I miscounted earlier or one was ate by something. Which seems unlikely becasue I'm sure that thing would have been back for more if that were the case. I think it was just me miscounting them. I will update tomorrow on how everything went. OH by the way, weighed in one of my bigger roos and he weighed in at 7 lbs. The hens were weighing in at about 5 - 6 lbs. Not bad :D I will weigh them one last time tomorrow before we leave. I also go pics of them yesterday I will post here later when I get them uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment