Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Meat Birds Arrive!

OH NO, OH NO! CUTENESS running all over the place! We received 26 freedom rangers (got one extra) in the mail this morning (P.O.called at 6:30 am) we jumped in the car and ran and got them thinking we would have a few dead ones. They are all alive and doing well :D We dipped each of there beaks in water and they are all drinking and eating just fine. I have been sitting by the box watching them and they are just so darn cute! AM I really going to be able to take these beauties to the processor? I'm taking pictures (want to record their growth) and will post them later today.

Hubby says I shouldn't name them but I already have started LOL We have one "naughty nugget" who keeps pecking at everyone's beaks over and over and over again (he looks like most of the other ones but easy to pick out)! We have two darker ones I named Brunhilde and Auburn (brown color names). In my opinion the cutest ones ;) And the last one I named is the chipmunk looking one who is named "chip". I think I better stop now :D I'm already sad for them. Hubby says...well, just look at it this way...at least they are not crammed into one tiny cage and treated badly their 10 weeks here. Ya I guess that's true but still! It's going to be HARD! Stay tuned! It can only get better :D

Here is the crew:

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. My mother named our "chipmunk" ranger Dale, same idea.

    Which created a whole drama, as seen here:

    http://cynography.blogspot.com/2009/04/you-cant-eat-dale.html

    (Watch it develop in the comments section)

    http://cynography.blogspot.com/2009/04/if-you-dont-save-these-dogs-well-kill.html

    Dale and auxiliary Dale (the other more vaguely chipmunky chick) are now buffy-yellow in front with grayish wing feathers. Quite attractive.

    The flock has an appointment with the processor in a couple weeks, but Dale has been ransomed. Fortunately she's a she-Dale.

    ReplyDelete