Friday, June 19, 2009

WHY Meat Birds?

We were not going to get meat birds becasue of all the bad things we had "heard" about them but then decided that we would give it a try after seeing all the crap they pump into battery raised chickens. It's very sad, see here why I say that: Egg Production-The battery Hen... and we didn't want to support that any longer so this is why we have ordered 25 Freedom Ranger broilers. More importantly, we want to feed our children meat that WE know is healthy for them not filled with antibiotics and arsenic (it is used to promote growth, kill parasites and improve pigmentation of chicken meat). See this article for proof if you don't believe me Sciencedaily.com It totally shocked us! We were totally and completely oblivious to this.

There are so many other things (if you spend the time googling) that you can find out about this stuff. SO many new health risks coming from these things just to make the chicken grow faster or to have better tasting meat etc...it's crazy that this can even happen. I just don't get it and what comes next?

So this was what got us started and knowing these chickens will ONLY eat what we feed them makes it much more appealing to continue to eat chicken. Know some of you who know me may think..."YA right! There is no way she will be able to kill these chickens!... Well, your right. I'm not...we are sending them to a processor near our home for that. Will I be able to eat them! I think so! I guess time will tell.

OK my links don't seem to be working...just copy and paste to check them out until I can fix them.

No comments:

Post a Comment